We love to hear others’ perspectives on the social web and technology, so we encourage our readers to write and submit a guest post for publication on Social Web Q and A.
There aren’t many strict guidelines, but here is some information to give you an idea of what we are looking for:
- Posts must be at least 500 words. We feel that this is an appropriate length to fully explore a topic.
- Content must be unique and may not be posted anywhere else. We do not accept spun content and the writing style must be grammatically sound, clear, and easy to read.
- Links may be posted in the body of the post, (and we encourage you to cite your sources!) but they must be relevant to the subject at hand and not promotional. If you want to link to your own site or service, we give all guest authors a bio box with up to two links.
- We reserve the right to edit guest articles for grammar and improved flow, including but not limited to the body and the headline.
- An image to accompany your post is strongly encouraged, but you must hold the rights to the image you submit. You can’t simply take images off of Google! If the image is licensed under Creative Commons, you must follow the terms of the particular license, which usually involves creator attribution.
We will promote your writing to our subscribers, on our social media profiles as well as Andrew’s personal accounts, and submit it to top blogging communities such as Blog Engage.
To get a feel for the style we prefer, we recommend checking out some of our past posts. Here is the text on our about page that explains our mission:
Here at Social Web Q and A we analyze current trends and offer practical advice on blogging, social media, technology and search engines. We strive to go beyond a simple regurgitation of news and facts and dig deeper into the background and context of these themes, as well as the social and cultural issues at stake.
This statement should give you a good idea of the type of content we will publish. (If your post is aimed at businesses or is about online marketing, it would be better suited for our parent entity SocialWebEnterprises.com)
You can submit your post to us by copy/pasting it into the form below or sending it directly to andrew [at] socialwebqanda (dot) com. Feel free to leave the formatting for us, although you can certainly send your post in WordPress html if you’d like.
You can also send us a post idea if you want some feedback.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Note: All users are responsible for ensuring that their submissions adhere to applicable copyright laws. This includes but is not limited to text, images, and user comments. Social Web Q and A will not be held liable for user-generated content, as such content is the sole responsibility of its author. For any content posted in violation, please notify admin [at] socialwebqanda (dot) com. We will swiftly remove any infringing material, and never knowingly post such content.